Join XY Planning Network
Interested in joining the leading network of fee-only financial planners who specialize in serving their ideal clients while running their own firms? XY Planning Network would love to give you the tools, help, and support you need to succeed. Check out how to join the growing community of young planners in our network.
Please note that special group rates are available for larger firms.
Membership Standards (all Members – Individual & Corporate)
We strive to maintain the highest membership standards of any organization for financial planners. All of our members must meet the following standards to qualify for membership:
Standard XY Planning Network Membership
- Fee-Only: Members must operate on a fee-only basis. We follow the US industry’s definition of Fee-Only: “A certificant may describe his or her practice as “fee-only” if, and only if, all of the certificant’s compensation from all of his or her client work comes exclusively from the clients in the form of fixed, flat, hourly, percentage or performance-based fees.”
- Gen X/Gen Y Client Focus: Members must specialize in working with Gen X and/or Gen Y clients – While you do not need to work exclusively with Gen X/Y clients, these clients must represent a specialty.
- Financial Planning Centric: Financial planning must be at the core of your service offering to clients. Some of our planners also offer investment management services, however, financial planning is their primary service offering and investment management fees must also meet the Fee-Only definition.
- Provide Services Virtually: Members must provide services on a virtual basis to clients. You do not need to exclusively work virtually, simply provide it as needed.
- Monthly Retainer Service Model: Members must provide financial planning on a monthly retainer basis to clients. Members are welcome to offer services on an hourly, AUM, or flat-fee basis as well, however monthly retainer should be a core offering.
- Certified Financial Planner® Professional: Members must have the CFP® or an RFP designation in order to be listed on the Planner Search tool. Associate membership is available for those who are not CFP®s or RFP. (See below.)
- Associate membership is available for members who are not CFP® or RFP certificants, or are in the process of transitioning their businesses to fee-only.
- Associate Members will have access to all XYPN features and benefits, except the Planner Search tool, and may hold themselves out to the public as XYPN Associate Members.
- Associate Members that are not fee-only will have 12 months from the date of membership acceptance to fully transition their business to fee-only.
How To Join
Select which membership in XY Planning Network you want to apply for, using the buttons below. If you are unsure if you qualify, please reach out to us before submitting your application.